- Improving Outcomes for All Students: Strategies and Considerations to Increase Student Diversity (U.S. Department of Education, January 2017)
- The Department of Education and Department of Justice released joint guidance to ensure English Language Learners (ELLs) have equal access to high quality education. In addition to the guidance, DOE/DOJ released facts sheets regarding schools’ obligations to ELL students under federal law, fact sheets regarding schools’ federal obligations to convey information to parents in a language they understand, and a toolkit to help districts identify ELL students. (January 2015)
- Guidance on the Voluntary Use of Race to Achieve Diversity and Avoid Racial Isolation in Elementary and Secondary Schools See NCSD’s response the federal school integration guidance (December 2011)
- U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. Department of Education. (2011). Guidance on the voluntary use of race to achieve diversity and avoid racial isolation in elementary and secondary schools.
- Supplemental Priorities for Discretionary Grant Programs (December 2010)
- Title VI Enforcement Highlights (July 2012)
- Department Response to NCSD ESEA Waiver Letter (April 2015)
- Department Response to NCSD School Improvement Grant Evidence-Based, Whole-School Reform Model Submission (May 2015)